Illuminati
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discipline Priest

4 posters

Go down

Discipline Priest Empty Discipline Priest

Post  Xromi Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:55 am

so yeah um read.

Yo yo im Xromi the best priest in the world bishes.
so anyway ill give you some priest tips FOR FREE.
so here it goes, brief tactics of pvp against other classes
thats with discipline holy priest ( http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=bVMGzhTtbcktdbtGMb - these talents are considering what works here and what doesnt)

gainst Druidz:

feral: EASY mode. Have renew always up, shadow word pain always up on him, try to kite him but always be close to him, mind blast + holy nova + renew + shield + flash heal repeat until you damage him good. He will then probably charge you with bear, and cyclone you. Immedeately after the cyclone use insignia and fear him back. This kills all his chances to heal, just smite + mind blast + shadow word death him.

balance: Moonkins are killed by healing yourself good always, using pain suppression and striking him back in that time, if he try to use cyclone so he can heal himself or even without cyclone - fear him. Also as said above, always be near him so you can react with a fear.

resto:This will be really long and boring fight, the druid wont have anything to damage you, while you will, but the main way is, dont try to damage them, you cant outdmg their HoTs, use mana burn until they run out of mana, then because of their godly mana regen you will have to Smite + mana burn + smite + mana burn. They will most probably use innervate + travel form and run away from you until they get some mana.
Key point is to DISPELL the innervate fast, then running wont help them much.

against Huntarz:

beast mastery isnt worth mentioning here, noone is beast mastery, simply because even the last talent doesnt work im lazy to explain about these when you wont even find 1 of them

markman: These can be a pain in the ass. They will scatter shot + aimed shot + steady + arcane you then trap and repeat it. pretty big burst damage and tons of ways to interupt your healing.
But theres a way to beat them easily. Simply your main goal is to fear them early in the battle, put shadow word pain on them, use the moment to buff yourself with renew power word shield and then keep holy nova-ing when you are not stunned silenced and stuff. When you see the hunter is trying to nuke you, simply use pain suppression + fade rank 1. This is done so arcane shot will dispel the fade and not the pain suppression. The second fear should do the job, fear + activate power infusion trinkets etc, smite mind blast shadow word death. They should be at under 50% hp before the second fear if you managed to run always near them and use holy nova to heal urself and damage them.

Survival is even easier, no silence, only 1 more way of crowd control which breaks on attack anyway, so you could trinket it or just wait it out. Not worth mentioning, use the above way

against Warriors

arms/fury (33/28 ): no warrior use full arms, they should be with this hybrid which works best, mortal strike + 3/5 flurry. Here it really depends on the warrior. Usually warriors are very easy for me, but there are some female troll out there that are godlike and i seem to have serious problems with. Tactic is pretty simple.
All your casts should look like
Cast + holy nova
The warrior starts by charging you (you always should try to put DoT on them as fast as possible so they dont charge, its a great advantage), then they will hamstring and mortal strike and basically start killing you fast. Forget about fear for now, they have zerker rage 100% on them. Use renew as soon as possible, start flash healing, warriors basically wont start to pummel your heals in the very start, they will wait your hp to go down abit, so you always should be ready to flash heal + holy nova (3-4k heal) fast. Shadow word pain always on them, you keep renew always on you. When you feel like safe to start doing offensive, pain supression + macro for power infusion and trinket and berserking if your troll, smite + holy nova + mind blast + holy nova + smite + holy nova + shadow word death. (aprox: 1.5+0.5+1.5+0.5+1.5+0.5+1.5 = 7.5 k dmg, try to use it when the warrior is about half hp) Fear is used when you see that the warr has no zerker rage or death wish or else its just a loss of cooldown
WARNING: This holy nova use drains ur mana like a bitch, you must finish the fight before running out of mana_

fury: fury warrs are basically pathetic against priest, sure they pull out some serious constant dps, but the lack of mortal strike will make them easily outheal-able, above tactic applies to this

conclussion blow warriors: they have that nasty stun saved for when they have few lucky crits to get your hp to 50% or less, than they stun you and expect you to be dead after it. Trinket it ASAP and pain suppression + holy nova spam + running away should save your ass from it

against Paladin:

Holy/shockadin: These are a pain in the ass. They have LOLWTF burst dmg and make a macro for it... Resilience and high stamina will save you though. you will be left at about 40-50% hp after their holy shock nuke in my case and what you have to do is FEAR ASAP and here comes the time for a choise:
shall you lame mana bum him
or shall you:
smite smite mind blast, at low hp he bubbles, here you dispel the bubble (mass dispel doesnt work for it only dispel does, they kinda did it the other way around) and fear them after it. This means, that you have to have his buffs dispelled before the bubble, have your fear ready and be close to him. After this fear its pretty much smite + mind blast + shadow word death. Thats the hard way, the easiest is just to spam mind blast and some heals and then wand them LOL

Retriboostion: Well usually these cant out damage your heals, but there are some good retri palas that can beat you easily, with their high burst damage (wings and trinkets and stuff) However ive only seen blood elves such so you shouldnt have problem with allies ^_- They dont heal much but you could still use fear to intterupt their heals. Also trinket out of HoJ when you are low hp and pain supression + heal up. If you wanna mock em, just mana burn their 5-6k mana and watch them try to kill you with white damage LMAONADE

ALso dispelling wings is a good thing to do always =))

against mages

arcane mages: They are easy if they are not hasteploiters because you could dispel their slow but if they have 1k haste and stuff like that their arcane blast goes 0.5 seconds cast so basically in the time of one 4 seconds silence even you will get about 5 arcane blasts, each doing 2k non crit and about 4k crits. Good luck and enjoy being priest

arcane fire: The so-called 3 minute mages that do pressence of mind + pyroblast. try to use flash heals, holy novas, greater heals have alot of chance to get improved counterspelled on which means 8 seconds silence which is sure death. Dispel helps against most fire DoTs that will slowly drain you, Dispel all stuff the mage has, especially if you haha fight a noob mage who dont even macro his PoM + pyroblast, you could dispel his PoM its really funny happened few times to me

improved counterspell/frost mages: These are real pain as all other mages, they will never let you fear them, have you counterspelled for long times, mana burn wont work due to mages having tons of ways to get their mana back and just being too much of a damage dealers to have time to mana burn their whole mana while healing yourself. What has a chance to work is dispel icy veins and all kinds of stuff they have and always dispell ice block when they do it to save some time, because what they will probably do is ice block, wait for you to start healing yourself, debuff their iceblock and silence you, then its easy for them. just dispell the ice block ASAP. keep dot on them, dispel their armor, mind blast whenever you could, if you are lucky to be in range for fear then use it and finish them..

mages are basically priest's biggest problem

against Rogues

basics: vs rogues try to use mostly instant or spells with little casting time or you risk getting kicked/ or not healing at all because of stun interupting it

Assasination: noone will use that here wont bother typing

Combat: these are sword rogues that rely on heavy sustained damage probably with glahibez whose goal is to stunlock you without hardly any effort in anything else, the sword's white damage should kill you.
HAHAHAHA ! Sowwy combat rogues, me iz stamina + resilience discipline priest, joo cant nuke me QQ
start by spamming holy nova rank 1 from time to time, to get them out of stealth. this kills their opener or at least screws their vanish/CoS/Sprint
there are different kinds of openers, with cheap shot imo being most deadly. If they sap you, you could risk and trinket asap + holy nova to get them out of stealth, put DoT on them and start playing offensive fast, this worked some times for me, leaves them in suprise.
Then if they open with garrote 3 sec silence, thats easiest for me, i just start running away from them and have my finger spamming fear waiting for the silence to wear off. Thats if the rogue doesnt have CoS on ofc.
Key point is: SURVIVE THE SECOND OPENER !
their tactic is basically
cheap shot + kidney + gouge + stealth + cheap shot ---
if you survive this, you are winner already.
if the rogue is noob and leaves a gap between stuns, once DoT them, once renew yourself, once fear.
after the second opener you should use trinket on blind when they have absolutely no cooldowns and are trying to get in stealth or buy time for cds.. immedeately trinket out of blind and put a shadow word pain on them. Anmother thing you could use is the Mind blast + holy nova tactic which is hardly kick-able and makes good damage.

sublety: for me easier than combat ones, i just hold the right mouse button and start spinning randomly around after i have renew on me and dot on him, jump spin jump spin holy nova holy nova.. shadow word death and they are death. spinnin kills their backstab and even their gouge. not many sublety dagger rogues around though.

against: Locks:

affliction: they spam u with tonz of DoTs drain life from you slowly killing you... Heals only wont help, dispel the Dots, smite their asses use holy nova, try to run into them interrupting their fears, ignore pet, ur main goal is to kill the lock fast. thats about it not so hard

demonology: hardly works here, no one uses it, there are some such locks but what they do is pure exploiting, their soul link + 70 to all resistances(ascent screwed up and added holy resistance to "all" which is total bullshit because on retail theres no such thing as holy resistance) so your smites go down to 1k crits 600-700 normal damage and basically you cant do shit. They dont use their pet as main dmg dealer as on retail, they use their exploiting resistances and drain your mana. of course mana burning a warlock is useless, he will just life tap it and then drain life + siphon life. Your bets are nuking them fast with everything you have and interrupting their drain life with a staff hit

Destruction: imo, easiest of all 3, they will try to use Fear + soulfire + fear + shadowbolt tactic but if you run into them, use trinket on fear and use yours fear on them its really easy
Oh and dont waste shadow word pain and mind blast on them, their bugged shadow resistance procs off each one so its really a nonsense.
destro locks dont have alot of life so smiting them should be easy

against Shamans:

basics: if you have the chance, like in arena, make sure you have absolutely everything you can on you, even not working stuff like prayer of mending, fade rank 1, renew rank 1... because almost all shamans open with purging your buffs due to their purge costing little mana. so basically more buffs = more time taken to be purged. Make a macro or just target their tremor totem and wand it ALWAYS whenever its up.

Elemental: These are semi-hard. They lack stamina and their only way to kill you is with their instant nuke, which hehe, on a resilience priest will fail. They would take me to 50% if they are really lucky. pain suppression, heal up, start smiting them, when they start healing, fear, go back to smiting them. Also mana burning would work if you have the time to do it, elemental shamans lack mana regeneration

Enhancement: These are nasty because they put a slowing totem, earth shock your heals almost always, and burst their immense dps on your silenced ass. What you gotta do is destroy the earthbind totem if you can, as i said above have the tremor totem away and fear them. heal up, mana burn mana burn mana burn. They lack mana so its easy. After they have no mana, start smiting them, smite + holy nova works for the melee range shamans. when they start lesser healing waving themselves, check for totem, and fear them. Just finish it. Dont bother buffing up with fortitude and such after you have it purged in the beggining. costs too much to get purged again. You could try using some rank 1s that cost no mana as making the shaman purge them will cost him even more mana, but thats if you have time to do it.

Resto shamans: Earth shield is gay. It really is. Oh wait, you can dispel it =) mana burn works somewhat against them but they have good mana regeneration and water shield so it could be dangerous to mana burn them. Id go slowly damaging them and fearing at 40-50% hp, then activate OMFG macro with stuffz and nuke em to death.

No, you wont make me write one vs priests, simply because its "who will mana burn other first" pattern

Xromi
Warlord
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Discipline Priest Empty Re: Discipline Priest

Post  Zakamurte Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:40 am

^ pro =D
Zakamurte
Zakamurte
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  rayl Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:26 am

Actually, the arms pvp spec is 33/25/3. The 33/28 spec is for pve.
rayl
rayl
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Xromi Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 am

rayl wrote:Actually, the arms pvp spec is 33/25/3. The 33/28 spec is for pve.
im pretty sure tactical mastery aint working here. it isnt even on scape
and yet i saw retail pvpers dropping tactical mastery for flurry

Xromi
Warlord
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  rayl Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:00 am

Stance dancing without TM is sad.
rayl
rayl
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Xromi Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:17 pm

rayl wrote:Stance dancing without TM is sad.
indeed... this bug even made me pickup imp zerker rage on scape....

Xromi
Warlord
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  geril Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:30 pm

and what u gonna do against geril?
rogue =/= geril
i am a class for myself ;D
running is the best option when u see me imo xD

geril
Corporal