Illuminati
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best leveling builds

+6
madame
Rag22naX
Xromi
Drakonius
Zakamurte
ur_daddy
10 posters

Go down

best leveling builds Empty best leveling builds

Post  ur_daddy Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:32 am

im not sure about all the classes, but ill post the ones i know and you guys can correct/ add to the list

Warrior: Fury
Druid : Feral
Priest : disco/holy with only spirit tap from shadow
Warlock : demonology or destruction
Shaman: enhancement
Paladin : Retribution
Mage : Frost
Rogue: Assassination/ Combat (oops, i actually forgot rogues)

i dont know if this is already too obvious, but i know hulkamaniac lvled a warrior in arms! so im just trying to save any such mistakes by other ppl

Last edited by ur_daddy on Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:16 pm; edited 6 times in total

ur_daddy
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

best leveling builds Empty Re: best leveling builds

Post  Zakamurte Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:24 am

I'd say fire mage is better for leveling, you don't need much control because you do allot of damage and the mob is dead before it even gets to you. The only advantage for frost that I see is AOE grinding, dunno how much its possible on bwow.

Since I play a paladin, lemme answer in that region:
Retribution is the leveling spec, its all about the damage.
On retail people go ret from 10-40 and then switch to protection for AOE grinding. Spells and talents that are used for AOE grinding aren't working here, though I still did AOE grind when I was leveling, dunno how its now. Basically you can aggro 15 mobs of your level or couple of levels higher and kill them fast.
And one more thing, Holy is NOT a leveling spec. Its fun to have a range spell, but you are weaker in dealing damage, so you will end up in healing allot and drinking allot for mana.
Zakamurte
Zakamurte
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakonius Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:56 am

For a warlock, pick demonology or destruction. You'll have more chance of surviving with demonology, but stuff dies a lot faster with destruction. Wink
Drakonius
Drakonius
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Xromi Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:50 pm

for priest, disco/holy with only spirit tap from shadow.
Low mana usage with holy fre, alot of spirit coz of disco, spirit tap from shadow doubles the spirit after kill so you get BIG numbers of spirit and regen like you are drinking water. Thats the fastest build for grinding, you can kill 50 mobs until you get OOM. And that compensates the lack of damage being discipline. Shadow IS NOT BETTER if you know how to play your priest discipline... Again its all about spirit and mana regen when grinding. FIrst spirit, then inteligence, then stamina, then spell dmg.... etc.

Xromi
Warlord
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Rag22naX Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:28 pm

mages..fire for lvling o.O??dont think so....fire=slower cast,more mana but good dmg, and u spam more spells ur rly dont need..so its rly nood good for grind..cause u need to drink all the time, fire is good..when u are in a group..not alone

frost=u can cast 3 frostbolts before the mob reachs u(cause u slower him)..u use frost nova...and u can go back and cast again..and he is prolly dead(if it is not dead cone of cold)..and u need less mana than fire..when u get ur elemntal pet..he can kill alone 1 mob ..and u another one..

Arcane=dits not for lvl up...more fro pvp and insatnces..

and btw..on a private server..just go for the talnets that works o.O
Rag22naX
Rag22naX
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakonius Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:25 pm

I was told by Emerauld that enhancement is best for speedlevelling shamans.
Drakonius
Drakonius
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  ur_daddy Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:10 pm

drak, i heard that demonology is full of bugs.... is that true?

2nd question: is it still as good for lvling besides the bugs?

ur_daddy
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakonius Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:35 pm

I haven't tried Demonology in a while, but I've heard many of its bugs have been fixed.
I'm all set for destruction. Wink
Drakonius
Drakonius
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  madame Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:33 pm

ur_daddy wrote:
Priest : disco/holy with only spirit tap from shadow
Warlock : demonology or destruction
Mage : Frost

Priest disco dmg is bad compared to shadow(monsieur at lvl 46 can crit for 900(1.5 times crit for priest) with a crit chance of about 15%), and the casting bar gets interrupted quite often. Only way to counter interruption is PW:S, which is mana inefficient. Shadow can heal your character at the same time too, and bandaging makes grinding for shadow priests far better than wasting mana to heal.

For warlocks, destruction is not very viable as it is mana-consuming. By using healthstones, life tap, siphon life, mana and life drain, and dark pact, a affliction warlock will never run out of mana(and hp). Plus affliction warlocks are able to fight 3/4 mobs at a time easily (i play my friend's warlock occasionally).
1st mob-voidwalker attacks, apply DOTs without immolate so as to not draw aggro
2nd mob-apply DOTs including immolate and siphon life. Tank this mob yourself
3rd mob- apply curse of shadow, fear and apply siphon life and life drain. Do not apply any DOTs so that the damage does not break fear.
4th mob-if you have enough hp do the same thing as the 2nd mob

Frost mages are great if you have good +spell dmg gear. Which only happens when you get to outland. Frost generally is better at quests than fire, and occasionally fighitng elites with low hp, but fire however can kill a mob which would take 7 frostbolts and a frost nova in 1 pyro, 1 fireball, 1 scroch, and 1 fireblast at lvl 48 on a lvl 51 mob. Much faster considering that frost mages must run after they frost nova to prevent from getting interrupted. And fire has a 70% prevent interruption talent. I lvled madame on frost and i must say it is a pain to grind before outlands due to low +spell dmg equips available.
madame
madame
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakonius Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:36 pm

As a destruction warlock I've never had many issues with my mana. While my creature is attacking the mob, I can use life tap to regain mana from my HP followed by drain life to regain HP. The soul leech talent gives me a 30% chance to heal me for 20% of the damage I do with many of my spells, and fel armor and bonus healing stats from equipment increases the healing done. Wink

By the way, shadowburn is on its own a great reason to go for destruction. It instantly stops rogues and warriors from stunning and raping you, giving you enough time to unleash the full wrath of your destruction spells. ^^
Drakonius
Drakonius
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Relenar Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:28 pm

Rogue Assasination/Combat
Relenar
Relenar
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Jyri Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:40 pm

Rag22naX wrote:mages..fire for lvling o.O??dont think so....fire=slower cast,more mana but good dmg, and u spam more spells ur rly dont need..so its rly nood good for grind..cause u need to drink all the time, fire is good..when u are in a group..not alone

frost=u can cast 3 frostbolts before the mob reachs u(cause u slower him)..u use frost nova...and u can go back and cast again..and he is prolly dead(if it is not dead cone of cold)..and u need less mana than fire..when u get ur elemntal pet..he can kill alone 1 mob ..and u another one..

Arcane=dits not for lvl up...more fro pvp and insatnces..

and btw..on a private server..just go for the talnets that works o.O

you know, if youve spent youre talents well enough in frost, you should have frostbite wich would give you the ability to shoot maybe even 5 frostbolts if youre really lucky

Jyri
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Dundertaker Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:43 pm

I used fire spec till lev 50, then i changed to frost coz i could use the pet elemental which is really useful for all sorts of things, grinding, pvp, pve ecc...
But till lev 50 i used fire and think it was better then frost till then.
Maybe some would say fire is even better till 58 (outland) but with outland gear frost is no. 1, no doubts about that.
Arcane is a complete mystery to me. Smile (one of the reasons i never like to use it is that some of the key talents in that tree are bugged).

The chance to freeze the target with frost bite is very low, it happens in 1:10 or 1:20 times, which is pretty low.
Dundertaker
Dundertaker
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodriguez Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:06 pm

Well to be the first warlock representer here .. I lvl'd and still doing so with affliction Smile
I dont see a reason for getting an op pet Razz and too many dmg=aggro=eating=slow grinding and so on.. So imo affliction is teh best spec for a lock because you dont ever have mana problems because of a cute spell named dark pact Very Happy rly important for fast grinding imo but Im sure blash will tell something different.. oh well all I wanna say is if you like undead locks .. be affliction . . its cool .. ya have many dots you're ore useful in raids and so on... so it aint bad at all !
Kthanxbye =D
Rodriguez
Rodriguez
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Jyri Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:02 pm

Dundertaker wrote:I used fire spec till lev 50, then i changed to frost coz i could use the pet elemental which is really useful for all sorts of things, grinding, pvp, pve ecc...
But till lev 50 i used fire and think it was better then frost till then.
Maybe some would say fire is even better till 58 (outland) but with outland gear frost is no. 1, no doubts about that.
Arcane is a complete mystery to me. Smile (one of the reasons i never like to use it is that some of the key talents in that tree are bugged).

The chance to freeze the target with frost bite is very low, it happens in 1:10 or 1:20 times, which is pretty low.

it might not happen very often, but it still happens

Jyri
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakonius Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:19 am

Rodriguez wrote:Well to be the first warlock representer here ..
Erm... scroll up? Rolling Eyes
Drakonius
Drakonius
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  ur_daddy Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:19 pm

edited to add rogues Sad

u guys are having confusing convos here, im really not sure what to change if anything, so im leaving the post as is for now

overall, if the difference is small enough to be debated so much, i doubt its important, cuse this post was only for a general idea to ppl lvling

ur_daddy
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodriguez Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:12 pm

Erm... scroll up? Rolling Eyes[/quote]
Damn ... :_D whooops... Im not good at reading as you might have guessed .. ^^
Rodriguez
Rodriguez
Sergeant

Back to top Go down