Illuminati
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks for the past 1 year!

+10
hopeender
Rodriguez
Malden
Relenar
Rag22naX
Laras
Xromi
earth
geril
madame
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thanks for the past 1 year! Empty Thanks for the past 1 year!

Post  madame Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:12 pm

Ni Hao, Madame here.

I have finally left this guild after a year of being in it. XD

Nope, my leaving of the guild has nothing to be concerned with me not being able to get along with other players, not getting promoted, not getting invited for guild raids, getting raid item drop reservations etc.

Generally I like this guild on a whole but recent developments to it has made me feel that the guild's management and its value for players has really plummeted in recent days.

For one, the Illuminati used to be an exclusive guild where the group size was small and everyone knew each other. However in the past week the guild's population probably jumped by 20% or even more, with many new people, both low lvled and lvl 70, joining the guild.

Now I can't say that this is a bad thing (like more people to raid with), but I feel that there is a certain lack of quality control. I now more often than last time get annoyed by people randomly inviting/whispering me to join raids without even replying to my "Hi"s or something. Quite unacceptable when people view you as a statistic instead of another living player.

Secondly, the guild's outlook on its players' value is certainly outrageously obscene. Players are not recognised for their contributions to the guild; instead people's friends, not referring to anybody, the friends of those people who have large influences in the guild, are those who gain the largest benefits in the guild. I even daresay cronyism might be rampant in the guild. For example, a recent player who joined(he is not an alt of any of the guild's players)was, barely after 3 days, promoted to warlord status, one rank above mutumbo and I, and 2 ranks above daphne. Don't get me wrong, I'm not QQing about not getting promoted, but I find this quite unfair as people have been promoted not based upon their history of merits to the guild and the duration of their stay in the guild, as what Bossman always says when people ask him what they must do to get promoted, but instead their connections. People like mutu, daph and I have contributed to the guild by joining raids, helping out guildies with mats for certain things and advice, and have been members of this guild for more than 8 months each at least; yet we have remained stagnant at our current ranks for many months. Though I'm quite sure that guild rankings do not matter much to most of the players in the guild(including me), the sudden promotion of a player who had joined the guild for barely a few days, has certainly reduced the player's worthiness and value; not being rewarded for our work, with little prospect of getting any incentive, i doubt many players would be so selfless as to help others out (such as spending 1-2 hours raiding to swp when you don't even need items)unlike the smoke god blash.

There is also a lack of priorities in the guild. Instead of removing/warning some players in the guild for eg. a certain rodent who have been able to piss of prominent players of the guild into quitting it, alts of some of the players in the guild have been kicked out even when issues such as the former coincided with the latter and clearly had to be addressed to. Thereby, what is the use of joining a guild when the main purposes, eg. being able to communicate and meet people and have fun with them, is struck out of the equation when part of the guild is in a constant tussle without any possible intervention, and when you have to lonely-ily train your alt without the help, benefit, and entertainment from your guild?

Well that's just my thoughts, not targetting anyone in or out of the guild. Whatever I have said is subject to interpretation, and I hope my sugestions(if there are any at all)would possibly help the guild. I myself am not able to do anything even if I tried to do so. Can't stand seeing the guild (possibly) going to the dogs.

Thanks for all the fun and help in the past year, especially Bossman(ofc), Blash, Jurga, Mutu, Nyh, Daph, Vv, Druoxx(where art thou?), Malden(for being such a gentleman), Rag and Chiyo.

PS: I will be joining the Blood Knights
j/k

Oh yeah, Moobs may not quit the guild, but she is thinking of doing so due to the guild's sheer size.
madame
madame
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Thanks for the past 1 year! Empty Re: Thanks for the past 1 year!

Post  geril Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:21 pm

I know you are poiting with the last few text on me but...
you rly dont know the whole story, i AM not so stupid as i mostly act, im just bored and tryin to have some fun and then other players that dont know me too good think im some idiot or smth
im sry if i made you angry with some of my stupid jokes but you should know that im just tryin to entertain the people and have some fun, sad that you left...
Id advice you to join back in and see how things will work.

geril
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  madame Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:27 pm

Ah at least you know some of it is about you.

But thats not the reason why I'm leaving. It is more of the lack of priorities and valuation of players. Anyway please behave >.<
madame
madame
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  earth Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:48 pm

no me at list Sad thx Sad

I totally agree with you,new ppl enter guild,and noone care about how many ppl we have or anything,and now that new player is same rank as me !? o_O i cant even get my old rank back,i bet noone dont now what rank i am if i ask any gm >.< that sux..

but oh well,see ya,gl Smile
earth
earth
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Xromi Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:53 pm

I feel guilty.
And i feel guilty because i didnt inform you all about the merge thing.
Since it is a "merge" between the 2 guilds, this doesnt mean like... OUTCAST disbanding without reason and joining illuminati. It was arranged, and because of that, OUTCAST members with high ranks asked for high rank here too. Thats why we promoted Slado and Obina, they being high ranks in OUTCAST.
I definately feel like i should've let you all know about this, and as i think about it it, it really does look like random promotes for someone who doesnt know the plan behind this.
I'd really love to remake the guild, make one new one in which both guilds could be at once with new ranks and guild masters but problem is that atm offline members are not showing, and it would be mega hard to get everyone back in the new guild. So we thought since OUTCAST has way less people than us, it would be easier if they come here and call it a merge.
Thats basically the story behind it, and promotes are definately not because of being friends with those people or something.

Xromi
Warlord
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Xromi Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:55 pm

And madam, Ill kill you if you dont come back. Or ill just do the same thing i did to lordie

Xromi
Warlord
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  earth Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:01 am

i want my old rank back,will i get it or no ?
earth
earth
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Xromi Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:02 am

earth wrote:i want my old rank back,will i get it or no ?
andd who demoted you O_O

Xromi
Warlord
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Laras Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:03 am

Well ... we have been toying with the idea of merging Illuminati / Outcast for a few days. Personnaly I was consulted on the rank to give to Obina / Slado and I was in agreement to assign Warlord status .... not because they have anything more than other members in guild but because they were the higher ranking members in Outcast.

Regarding the number of members of the guild ... yes .. we have had a bit of an influx due to this merge. That is why we have also decided that invites are closed for now.

That is the whole story ...nuttin' more about connections , etc.....

Laras
Laras
Laras
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Back to top Go down

Post  earth Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:04 am

Xromi wrote:
andd who demoted you O_O

u remember i LEFT!

So tell me i have to go from beggining or i will get my old rank back ?
earth
earth
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Xromi Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:06 am

earth wrote:
Xromi wrote:
andd who demoted you O_O

u remember i LEFT!

So tell me i have to go from beggining or i will get my old rank back ?
oh yea talk with me ingame

Xromi
Warlord
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Rag22naX Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:08 am

madame...well...about new players..many joind from outcast...and all are nice guys...

dunno if they did invte more random ppl...cause ...i cant see who is offline and so..so dunno even how many ppl we have in guild...but about promotions...i will demote any1 thats is new to the guild...even if its the mother of some1..

dunno who did promte the guys that did join the guild but ok..maybe u could say the nicknames...cause i know xromi have a huntard...and dunno maybe some1 else have an alt...but if any new guy was promted..will be deomted for sure...

about raids...in last 2 days...when i askd sunwell...not many didnt want to join..well who cares..i know ppl dont like to pve...when they have all items...and no scripts...means no fun..and i cant force ppl to join..i just spam them

well i know that guild is not perfect but leaving it..will not make it better

so pls think to join again..and we can make it better...whisper me ingame..when u feel like to talk..

ty and hf...
Rag22naX
Rag22naX
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Xromi Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:16 am

oh and about geril. well hes acting jakass and spamming, tbh more or less im the same, for some hes funny for others hes stupid, it prolly depends on how mature u are ^^

Xromi
Warlord
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Rag22naX Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:30 am

well some1 dont likes those jokes...so try to have those kind of jokes..out of guild chat...and joke whit ppl who dont minds them...many ppl did leave or were pissed...and then did leave..cause that..and if u dont like some1..just ognore him/her..

well about promotions...i rly dont think...obina or saldo should have higher ranks..then ppl that were almost 1 year in our guild...but didnt know nothing about it..but well...i askd many months ago if i can take care of promotions and demotes..and so...but prolly i am not good for that Razz..

madam u should rly come back

bounce
Rag22naX
Rag22naX
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Relenar Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:32 am

Another player leavin' Sad .When i was in the guild rarely we did guild raids in 60+ instances beacuse many ppl's were offline and its quite hard without a good tank and healers(wich was only few of them).When 2 guild merge is difficult because everytime will be ppl's who will get high rank couse they had it and others not.Things will be normaly Razz soon and u should get back in the guild,some ppl's miss u thats the reaction of them who know u.
Relenar
Relenar
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Malden Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:37 am

thx for good words Mdm. some parts of what u wrote got to me too before u had written it.
i did saw random ppl joinin guild lately, not talkin bout mergin, but others, ppl i dont know, never seen, and lowbies or early 70s. i thought our invites were still close coz we had lotta ppl already. what i recall we invited priest or two after closin coz we lacked priests.
this merge thing could be good for us, some really good players joined us and this will be for good only, the rest i dunno. not my call.
ranks. what can i say, i never cared bout my rank. who knows if im worth something knows it without rank. i dont even know what my rank is heh. i say who care bout rank - good for him, who dont - good for him too.
well. Geril. geez its Geril, yeah. i know he s doin lotta playin but just for fun, to amuse us all, i get its ok with me:) (i hope so :/ Smile )
thats what i think about all whats goin on
i guess u can at least reconsider ur decision after whats been said in all replys.
Malden
Malden
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  earth Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:01 am

Xromi wrote:oh and about geril. well hes acting jakass and spamming, tbh more or less im the same, for some hes funny for others hes stupid, it prolly depends on how mature u are ^^

U cant say that someone is imature cuz he dont like that,he started to go on my nerves not just me to many ppl its ok to sometimes say "ZOMG XROMI NOOB,WTF NO HEALTZ,U NOOB,U HEAL BAD" etc..but he is doing that all time and i dont like caps he write in caps all of the time -.- so example,i was doing some serious gang ( Very Happy ) bussines in shatt,and he was doing that and i cant keep up with chat and wispers when he do that,so stop it its ok sometimes but ... i hope u get me right ^^
earth
earth
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Xromi Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:06 am

earth wrote:
Xromi wrote:oh and about geril. well hes acting jakass and spamming, tbh more or less im the same, for some hes funny for others hes stupid, it prolly depends on how mature u are ^^

U cant say that someone is imature cuz he dont like that,he started to go on my nerves not just me to many ppl its ok to sometimes say "ZOMG XROMI NOOB,WTF NO HEALTZ,U NOOB,U HEAL BAD" etc..but he is doing that all time and i dont like caps he write in caps all of the time -.- so example,i was doing some serious gang ( Very Happy ) bussines in shatt,and he was doing that and i cant keep up with chat and wispers when he do that,so stop it its ok sometimes but ... i hope u get me right ^^
TAALKING ABOUT SPAAAAAAMS Smile)))))))))))))
just ignore him until he gets away or stops, like i did with you Wink))

Xromi
Warlord
Warlord

Back to top Go down

Post  earth Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:08 am

Xromi wrote:
earth wrote:

TAALKING ABOUT SPAAAAAAMS Smile)))))))))))))
just ignore him until he gets away or stops, like i did with you Wink))

Ok that was once xDD
earth
earth
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodriguez Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:45 am

Bah.. Im not even in the mood to say something to this.. It was nice knowing you mq, altho' I was never really sure which character u were always playing at a time xD! Will be seeing you around I guess; and if u need something I can help with.. like chants, (or lets hope I can help with Jc too after a time =D ) then just tell me because you have helped me in the past too quite a lot..
To your leaving .. I have nothing to say because I cannot convince you, or alter your mind. Do as you feel and I hope you will feel better that way. You will always be an Illuminati Twisted Evil
Goodbye

P.S. This was one of the hardest replyes in my life.. didnt know what to tell o_O
Rodriguez
Rodriguez
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  hopeender Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:40 am

Crying or Very sad to bad you leaving us, c u around
hopeender
hopeender
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  Drakonius Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:27 pm

I totally agree with everything written by madameq. Even though I've been spending most of my time on retail lately, I know what is happening in the guild and I'm also not liking it. It's been slowly going down the drain for a long time now, ever since we had more than 100 members. We were closed to invites a while back as well, but that didn't help since some Warlords still sent out invites to everyone who asked. Besides, it was already too late for an invite-stop.

Disrespect in some guilds might be ok, but I know Illuminati was not like this half a year ago. Quantity has gone up, quality has gone down, severely. I've also considered quitting the guild on many occasions recently, but I still have a lot of friends here and I wouldn't know where to go to anyway.

TO LARAS:
My suggestion is this: delete the guild and start all over again. Let Laras (the oldest one, no offense to daughter & son) create a new Illuminati with the same ideas and principles as in the beginning. Let only Laras decide who joins the new Illuminati and who doesn't, based on who he actually knows from the current guild and who he thinks deserves to be part of the high quality which was once Illuminati.

One last thing... Outcast died, sorry it didn't work out. But in my opinion if you want to join a new guild, I don't think you deserve to get an instant promotion to Warlord just because you were a leader in your guild. This is Illuminati, not Outcast.

Madameq, I'm sorry to see you go. I've always had great respect for you and monsieurq. I trust we'll see eachother again ingame, best of luck in Blood Knights! Razz

Last edited by Drakonius on Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drakonius
Drakonius
1st Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Zakamurte Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:48 pm

best of luck in Blood Knights!
ROFL
Zakamurte
Zakamurte
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Blashh Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:31 pm

With all do respect mdm, your reasons (for me excuses) to leave dont stand one bit.

First of all, having ppl not in the guild to play your char is not ok. It was like you were pregnant and had those mood swings. One time you were so nice, another time you were a total ass. One time we were doing a full Sunwell guild raid and you left coz you said there were too many ppl rolling on your items....and you want to get promoted with that attitude? I was so pissed that time. It was probably Jigo playing that time but you are resposable for you char and what you(or Jigo) did there was total bullshit! Not joining a guild raid coz its not 100% you will get an item you want is NOT a good reason to leave the raid and join a PuG right afterwards.

Second, and this goes to all to some extent, why do you care so much about ranks? If you are here like you say just to communicate with guildmates, talk, have fun....why do ranks play a role in this? I never understoon this craving ppl have for ranks. I remember when ppl help, when ppl are nice to other and stuff, and i always respect those ppl, i help them back, give mats or whatever....i dont care what rank someone is, if hes cool. And i will take more into consideration the word from Grunt whom i know how helpfull he is, than from a Warlord whom i never see helping for example.

About the recent inrease in members others explained it already but i have to ass something. I think we have around 120-130 members now (not sure coz i cant see offline members now) which i too think is alot for a guild....BUT, this is not retail...here ppl get gear very fast and when someone is fully geared hes not that active anymore which is understandable. Now that we joined wih the Outcasts we have can have around 20-25 lvl 70s on so we can do guild raids...for me that is not a bad thing but a +. The difference between now and when we had 200 members is that now most are lvl 70...so raiding gor alot easyer. And the new members are nice ppl. Btw....invites have been closed since yesterday.

Now to repeat myself, personaly for me there are only 2 good reasons to leave the guild:
1. If you stop playing WoW
2. if you wanna join another guild where your real life friends or very good friends in general are in

Funny thing is how fast you went into Serenity where Jigo is >.< Thats why i think these are just excuses.

All i hope is that when that thing with the guild raid and the times you were an ass happend was Jigo playing. I really hope so.

Sry that my goodbye post to you was not so nice, but the thing that pisses me off the most is when ppl leave for stupid reasons.

Overall was nice to have in the guild, wish you good luck in Serenity.

Blashh
Private
Private

Back to top Go down

Post  geril Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:48 pm

i can only say, i left the guild once and i knew it was a mistake to do so over one little argue with one person, i just love the cool ppl here and the mood that u can always joke around with the ppl, i would never ever leave it again, its the best guild i ever was in and it will stay so....till i am in <.> jk xD

geril
Corporal
Corporal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum