Illuminati
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Macro Guides

3 posters

Go down

Macro Guides Empty Macro Guides

Post  Jingle Mon May 12, 2008 12:38 am

I was wandering if we can combine all our knowledge about macros in one place so I started this topic. I recently discovered why I hate my druid so much and play a priest instead Very Happy It's because of the skills that are so messed up and separated between the forms so I made some stuff to fix the problems Smile I'm going to post the macros I invented here I'll put some priest stuff too. I hope you guys like it!

This one is to save place I usualy hold it on my middle mouse button It uses insignia of the horde if you hold alt while clicking it casts innervate Smile
/cast [modifier:alt] Innervate
/use Insignia of the Horde

This summons your mount if targeting a friendly target or nothing If you target an enemy it casts Cat Form if you click again you gain Prowl Wink)
/use [noharm] (exact mount name)
/stopmacro [noharm]
/castsequence [harm] !Cat Form, Prowl

This one is very useful when you spec a bit of resto I make 3000 instant heal (lvl62) with one click FTW Very Happy
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/cast Healing Touch

Non interruptable heal at any time Smile
/castsequence Barkskin, Healing Touch

To save quick buttons space:
/cast [stance:4] Prowl
/cast [stance:2] Enrage
Casts Prowl if in Cat and Enrage if in Bear

/cast [stance:4] Pounce
/cast [stance:2] Bash
casts Pounce if in cat and Bash if in bear form
(change 4 with 3 and 2 with 1 if u don't have dire bear form)

Last edited by Jingle on Tue May 13, 2008 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jingle
Jingle
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Macro Guides Empty Re: Macro Guides

Post  Jingle Mon May 12, 2008 10:11 am

I forgot to add this one:
/castsequence War Stomp, Regrowth
first click Casts War Stomp, second click casts Regrowth

And here's the priest stuff:
/castsequence reset=target Touch of Weakness, Inner Fire, fear Ward, Shadow Protection, Divine Spirit, Power Word: Fortitude
all the buffs on one place I was too lazy to click 6 separate buttons ^^.
P.S. You can add, change, or order the spells whatever you like It fits everywhere Smile

/castsequence reset=target Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague
1Cl-SW:Pain, 2Cl-DP I just couldn't find an appropriate place for that DoT It's an undead priest only macro Smile

And a little about shadow priests only:
/use [noharm] Blue Skeletal Horse
/cast [harm] Silence
this one summons your mount if not targeting a foe if you do casts Silence... I dk how useful you find this one but it saved me space when I played shadow Razz

/cast [nochanneling] Mind Flay
this one prevents you from interrupting your previous MF when spamming it Wink

!!!reset=target - The macro starts from the beginning when you change target!!!
Jingle
Jingle
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Zakamurte Mon May 12, 2008 6:06 pm

I'll share mine. I got a bunch so prepare for a wall of text Razz

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:alt,target=player] Blessing of Kings; [modifier:ctrl] Greater Blessing of Kings; Blessing of Kings

- This casts the blessing on myself if alt is held and Greaters blessing if ctrl is held. Just for saving space since having both normal and greater blessing on the hotbar can take over 10 slots. I have this for every blessing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Eye of the Dead
/cast Hex Shrunken Head
/cast Divine Favor
/cast Holy Shock(Rank 5)
/cast Judgement

- This is a MUST HAVE for shockadins (40/0/21 is the usual spec). It ensures a 5k+ (depending on your gear) INSTANT burst that can't be reduced by armor or any magic school resistance (there's no holy damage resistance). I call it IWIN, Leetskillz told me his is called The Blindfag Slayer. Very Happy
Having Judgment of Crusader on the target and Seal of Righteousness active helps alot.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:alt,target=player] Blessing of Freedom; [target=mouseover,exists,help] Blessing of Freedom; [target=target,help] Blessing of Freedom; [target=player] Blessing of Freedom

- I bind this to 3rd mouse button. It does all that the normal spell does and it works with mouseovers too. But sometimes this doesn't work with mouseovers, for example if I miss the target with my mouse it gets casted on myself (I assume cause it has no target at that time).
I'd like if someone could help me with this Smile
#showtooltip Blessing of Protection
/cast [modifier:alt,target=player] Blessing of Protection; [target=target,help] Blessing of Protection;
/script SendChatMessage("You got Blessing of Protection.", "whisper",nil,UnitName("Target"));

- I don't use this one as it is broken, and I don't have skill with this kind of scripting and I can't fix it, so help please. This does everything like the spell except that it whispers the target and says You got Blessing of Protection.I made it after so many people said "Paladins never bubble me in bgs", so now they know when I do it and can say thanks. But the problem is that if I use alt to cast it on myself it still whispers my target (usually an ally xD) and says the macro. I assume you can't whisper other faction on retail, so this might not be able to work on private servers. So I guess the only way would be to make some kind of exception command for it to not work when I have targeted something that isn't a friend or myself.
Bound to V.
#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:alt,target=player] Cleanse; [target=mouseover,exists,help] Cleanse; [target=target,help] Cleanse; [target=targettarget,help] Cleanse; [target=player] Cleanse

-Same as the BoF macro, but for Cleanse, except that this one works with target's target too which is useful in some situations.
Bound to Q key.
#showtooltip
/equip Crystal Spire of Karabor
/equip Bastion of Light

Now we can equipe weapons in combat so this one works great. I use it almost every time before I heal myself cause of the +healing on those items and cause heals as a ret paladins are just awful. I also use it when being stunlocked, zerged or wherever I need some + armor. I also got Redoubt talent with my spec so I get +30% block chance with this often. Pretty nice to have.
#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:alt] Seal of Command(Rank 1); [modifier:ctrl] Seal of Blood(Rank 1);[modifier:shift] Seal of Justice(Rank 2); Seal of Command(Rank 6)

This one is simple and help me save hotbar space as it can cast 4 different seals from just 1 button. SoC rank1 when holding alt, SoB when holding ctrl, SoJ when holding shift and rank 6 SoC when I normally hit it. I got another one which I switch in its place when I spec holy or prot.
Bound to ` key.
I also got several macros using alt as a modifier to cast rank 1 spells, thats some more space saving Razz
Critics and suggestions are welcome. Smile
Hehe, in the end it turned out I got fewer than I thought.
Zakamurte
Zakamurte
Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Malden Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:45 pm

heh ok:) so. i really tried to do simple macros all by myself but it was a epic fail = none worked. i found this section which i thought would help but still no way. i just cant do it. im total macro-newb.
so im askin for help here anyone! i could use some macros for:
1. to swap my offhand with shield with just a click, i really do it often, when im losing, or take agrro it would help me alot.
2. to change from berserk to def, cast taunt and go back to bersekr again (same as above + i d rescue lotta ppl of dying)
3. hmm maybe to swap dps gear with def gear?

if anyone can help me ill be grateful, if its too much work ill be grateful for tellin me this as well.
cheers
Malden
Malden
Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down